When was the last time you did something for the first time?
This is the randomest thought I have to write. But it does make me wonder. When was the last time you did something new? I can recall a European trip I made, but I won’t count that, since it was international travel which I did first time last year already. What I will count from that trip are the following:
- Staying in OxGradHousing. Meeting a new person, who lets you stay in Oxford in her room and meeting new flat mates in a span of three days.
- Meeting new folks, agreeing to go along with them to new places and having some of the best adventures.
- Really letting your personal introvert guard down when in sticky situations to find a train station at night in Nice.
- Getting stranded in Paris at 1 am and meeting the best Uber driver (Hamid, if you ever read this, still remembering you mate!) ever who not just helps you find a place to eat at that point but also gives you a little sight seeing in the midst of that fiasco.
- Checking into Holiday Inn and getting a discount after lots and lots of requests!
- Lambasting Airbnb for not responding to calls on a 24/7 customer care number and getting a full refund.
- Taking pictures of some amazing kids in a bus in Nice and them loving it at the same time!
- Putting your foot down for some things which matter to you more than personal relationships.
- Going all alone around London and exploring the museum.
I want to think more, but it seems enough for tonight.